Herman Gmeiner School, Chaubeypur, Varanasi, one of the allied projects of SOS Children’s Village of India, is housed in a 9-acre lush green campus in Chaubeypur area, about 9 Km away from Sarnath, the well-known Buddhist Pilgrim center. It is affiliated to CBSE for AISSE and AISSCE. This Co-educational school which was set up in 1990, caters to the educational needs of the economically and socially deprived sections of the society nearby and the children of the SOS children’s Village, Varanasi. It has won name and fame for its child centered teaching-learning activities with special focus on the intellectual, emotional, spiritual and physical development of the children. Academic endeavors in the school lay emphasis on the development of various skills in the students. Every child in this school is a very important person to us, and it is our aim to make the school a place where the child enjoys learning. To achieve this, for the children in our care, we seek the assistance and co-operation of parents.
SOS Children’s Villages of India is a national level voluntary childcare organization taking care of orphaned and destitute children in a family like environment. SOS Children’s Villages of India is a member of SOS-Kinderdorf International, which is the umbrella organization of SOS Children’s Villages work present in 132 countries worldwide. At present in India, there are 39 SOS Children’s Villages and more than 122 allied projects like Schools, Family Strengthening Programs, Kindergartens, and Medical Facilities etc.
Aims & Objectives
The school has been set up by the SOS Children’s Villages of India and named after Dr. Hermann Gmeiner, because as a person, with his life and work, he epitomized the warm loving, compassionate friend and guide to all children in need throughout the world. The school upholds following objectives:
- To create an environment for realization of the physical and intellectual potential of the students.
- To include scientific temper, self confidence and a spirit of adventure amongst the children.
- To develop an egalitarian culture and through such measures as may be necessary to bring about the integration of children coming from various sections of society,particularly those from the SOS Children’s Village.
- To function as centre for pilot experimentation and action research for evolving new approach to pedagogy and educational technology.
- Generally to provide quality education which would be in line with the National Education Policy-1986 and as per guidelines of CBSE.
Quality education to rural children for their all-round development and thereby make them responsible citizens.
We provide quality education to rural children at affordable cost.
Work done to perfection is verily Yoga. "Yoga is the performance of duties efficiently and sincerely without being attached to the fruitsnof actions. Do right actions at the right time, leave everything unto Supreme Power and do your duties well." Lord Krishna.
|Year of establishment of school||:||1990|
|Whether NOC from State/UT or recommendation of Embassy of India obtained?
(i) NOC No.
(ii) NOC issuing date
Is the school is recognized, if yes by which authority
Status of Affiliation:
|(i) Affiliation No.
(ii) Affiliation with the Board since
(iii) Extension of affiliation upto
|BSA-AFFILIATION||:||From 01/04/2021 To 31/03/2022|